Corporate Culture and Policy
- Implements, coordinates and maintains company communication practices.
- Implements Property Management policy and procedures.
- Implements appropriate company-wide Property Management training and staff development.
Financial Operation of Properties
- Constantly monitors financial operation of site through review of financial reports to confirm budget adherence, review of variance reports and contracts review.
- Develops annual budgets.
- Prepares/oversees preparation of monthly variance reports.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly owner reports.
- Plans for and prioritizes capital improvements.
- Reviews and approves appropriate expenses.
Selection, Supervision and Development of Staff
- Interviews and makes hiring decision for Corporate Office Property Management employees.
- Participates in interviews and hiring decisions for all site positions as required.
- Trains Corporate Office Property Management employees and selected site staff.
- Provides support, coaching and assistance to Property Management staff in the resolution of employee performance related issues. Participates in termination of employees when the situation requires.
- Communicates established goals for the property to employees, creating ongoing focus toward the accomplishment of these goals.
- Conducts effective and timely performance evaluations with direct reports.
- Reviews and approves employee compensation forms and audits payroll reports as required.
- Provides Operations, Fair Housing and all required training to portfolio staff.
Physical Plant Manager
- Participates in regular and thorough physical inspections at each site.
- Implements and oversees preventive maintenance programs.
- Coordinates efforts of vendors and suppliers.
- Oversees the resolutions of maintenance issues.
- Ensures compliance with governmental regulations and company policies.
- Oversees site correspondence, paperwork, property files, rent collection and computer activity.
- Coordinates the review and appropriate resolution of resident concerns when necessary.
Property Owner and Professional Relations
- Meets with property owners to update them on current operation of property, respond to questions and discuss/plan for future goals and objectives.
- Responds to Owner, HUD, Vendors, etc.concerns.
- Participates in seminars, professional training sessions, company and industry meetings, site functions, etc.