Essential Duties: Resident Care and Programs
- Partners with the Activities/ Life Enrichment staff to ensure a variety of appropriate and individualized activities are available throughout the day and evening and that Resident Assistants are actively involved and engaged with the residents through these activities.
- Complete all reports and assessments for EW clients
- Assist with EW screening and communicate effectively with County Case workers.
- Verify County is updated regarding changes in resident’s status in collaboration with the nursing department.
- Coordinate care conferences with families annually and as needed for changes in status.
- Assist with campus staff schedule to ensure client’s needs are met.
- Update focus residents for the campus and plan appropriate programing
- Coordinate with activities appropriate programming and events
- Oversee resident and community pet issues.
- Mentor staff on appropriate interactions when working with difficult behaviors.
- Follow-up on all non-nursing quality improvement issues/ Report all clinical quality improvement issues to clinical director or DON.
- Oversee resident’s personal supplies (including incontinence products)
- Oversee household items in cottages and order when needed
- Partners with the nurse to ensure that the residents clinical needs are addressed report changes in condition and keep open communication with direct care staff.
- Collaborates with the nursing team to ensure excellence in service delivery, safety, hydration and resident engagement in programming
- Oversees planning for the family events and services at the Memory Care
- Partners with Nursing and Dining Service Coordinator to ensure meeting individualized resident needs and preferences; participates in dining experience daily
- Reviews, reads, notates and initials Daily log to document and learn about pertinent information and any resident’s physical and behavioral changes
Essential Duties: Quality Assurance and Regulatory Compliance
- Ensures that the community follows all federal, state and local laws and regulations and standards as it pertains to resident care and services
- Strives for excellent quality care and service delivery
- Coordinates with the nursing team, appropriate plans of action to correct identified deficiencies in compliance with Gentle Touch Health Initiatives expectations for regulatory compliance
- Partners with leadership team to ensure and promote community is in compliance with OSHA, Safety and Risk Management policies.
- Assist Campus Administrator with compliance with state laws.
- Practices safety procedures at all times including Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), fire extinguishers, MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets) and Lockout Tag out procedures
Essential Duties: Financial Management
- Assists in the presentation and value of Gentle Touch Health Initiatives products and services for our residents, families and employees and targeted referral sources
- Coordinates with the community team to achieve maximum staff economies and cross training when applicable
- Understands the internal cost associated with all resident care programs
- Monitoring and documenting any billing changes needed related to county payment or service credit.
Essential Duties: Training, Leadership and Employee Development
- Coordinate with the Director of Nursing the management of the department, including but not limited to: recruiting, hiring, training of new staff
- Partners in the delivery and participation in training and self-study programs during the required timeframe
- With the Director of Nursing develops a working knowledge of state regulations, ensures compliance through supervising and coaching employees
- Completes employee staffing and scheduling according to operational and budgetary guidelines
- Holds team accountable by corrective actions when necessary and documents and/or reports to appropriate department head.
- Attends regular meetings as directed by the Campus Administrator
- Keeps abreast of professional developments in the field by reading, attending conferences and training sessions
- Completes all training required by the state or other regulating authorities including ongoing training per regulations