- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year housekeeping/cleaning experience
- Ability to make responsible choices and decisions, and act in the resident’s best interest.
- Ability to motivate oneself and work independently
- Ability to be flexible and to work with other staff and residents
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals
- Good work ethic
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to read, write, spell, perform basic math and speak and understand English.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions.
- Proven record of success in leasing and a personal commitment to customer service and Fair Housing practices.
- Knowledge of office practices, procedures, systems and equipment including, but not limited to, Microsoft applications Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Sensitivity while interacting with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently in the pursuit of personal and team goals.
- Commitment to protect personal, property and other confidential information.
- Possess the ability to interact tactfully with residents, staff, owners, other management personnel, corporate representatives, vendors and the general public.
- Understand and adhere to organizational policies and procedures.
- Maintain a neat, well-groomed and professional appearance.
Physical Requirements (based on essential responsibilities)
Must be able to frequently perform tasks such as, but not limited to, those listed below:
- Bend and squat to the floor to pick up debris, trash containers, and to use cleaning tools and products, etc.
- See objects within 35 feet to monitor work areas, i.e., determine areas that are in need of cleaning
- Able to interpret colors to read warnings, labels, wires, etc.
Must be able to continuously perform tasks such as, but not limited to, those listed below:
- Move, push, pull and/or lift objects weighing 10 to 25 pounds.
- Use hands and arms for simple grasping, pushing and pulling to sweep, mop, use containers of cleaning solution/chemicals, etc.
- Perform tasks requiring actions of muscles or groups of muscles to walk, stoop, bend, lift, and to carry objects
- Walk and/or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Speak clearly and make self understood in face-to-face interactions
- See objects closely to read directions, instructions, chemical warnings, etc.
- Hear normal sounds and voices with some background noise to receive verbal instructions, answer telephones, communicate with others, etc.
Works indoors in a climate-controlled environment majority of the time.
Shifts are generally assigned but the employee must have the ability to work various shifts, weekends, holidays, evenings and/or overnights. This position will be on a rotating schedule which includes weekends.