- Minimum 1 year housekeeping/cleaning experience
- Able to make responsible choices and decisions, and act in the resident’s best interest.
- Ability to motivate oneself and work independently
- Ability to be flexible and to work with other staff and residents
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals
- Good work ethic
- Maintains confidentiality
- Able to read, write, spell, do basic math, speak and understand English.
Physical Requirements (based on essential responsibilities)
Must be able to frequently perform tasks such as, but not limited to, those listed below:
- Bend and squat to the floor to pick up debris, trash containers, and to use cleaning tools and products, etc.
- See objects within 35 feet to monitor work areas, i.e., determine areas that are in need of cleaning
- Able to interpret colors to read warnings, labels, wires, etc.
Must be able to continuously perform tasks such as, but not limited to, those listed below:
- Move, push, pull and/or lift objects weighing 10 to 25 pounds.
- Use hands and arms for simple grasping, pushing and pulling to sweep, mop, use containers of cleaning solution/chemicals, etc.
- Perform tasks requiring actions of muscles or groups of muscles to walk, stoop, bend, lift, and to carry objects
- Walk and/or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Speak clearly and make self understood in face-to-face interactions
- See objects closely to read directions, instructions, chemical warnings, etc.
Works indoors in a climate-controlled environment majority of the time.
Shifts are generally day shift. The employee must have the ability to work various holidays.