- Perform property maintenance or repairs as needed or requested by residents and/or property management staff (Work Orders). Duties may include HVAC, plumbing electrical, keys and locks, appliances, lighting systems, carpentry, etc.
- Perform duties to turn apartments in conjunction with the Resident Manager; ensure move-in standards are met.
- Perform preventative maintenance according to established guidelines and schedules
- Perform exterior maintenance including roof, parking lot, common area etc.
- Perform grounds inspection/care as needed
- Maintain adequate maintenance supply inventory, Responsible for selecting and ordering supplies and monitoring supply budget in conjunction with Resident Manager.
- Schedule, coordinate and supervise work of outside vendors as instructed by Resident Manager
- Maintain compliance and coordination with local, state, property and Company safety regulations. Coordinate with police, fire and utility inspectors.
- Assist in keeping all common areas neat, clean and safe. Common areas include lobbies, hallways, community room, library, game room, guest room, common restrooms, elevators, stairways, entryways and garage area. Develop a cleaning routine and schedule with the Resident Manager.
- Cleaning includes:
Vacuuming hallways, elevators and furniture
Washing inside glass doors and windows
Sweeping and/or mopping floors
Cleaning and stocking supplies in restroom
Washing woodwork and baseboards
Maintaining exterior lot and sidewalks
- Complete routine paperwork such as boiler logs, sidewalk logs etc. as required
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as required
- Maintain and safeguard confidential information
- Maintain a high level of customer service
- Remain flexible, receptive and adaptive to change
- Understand and apply basic principles of good housekeeping and safety
- Perform other related duties as requested by supervisor
- Provide emergency response coverage as needed in conjunction with Resident Manager/carry cell phone
- Daily walk through building and check all exits; pick up wastepaper, etc.
- Monitor front entry area and emergency exits, especially during inclement weather; keep exits clear of ice and snow
- Pull out waste dumpsters as needed
- Keep Great Lakes Management informed about any emergencies, maintenance needs or tenant issues or concerns in the absence of the resident manager